Thursday, December 22, 2016

Best of 2016: Part One--Susan Ward

The Half Shell Series by Susan Ward
Sometimes you have to brag about something you read that was so profoundly AWESOME that you feel others should read it as well. This is how I feel about the Half Shell Series by Susan Ward. This series will grab you and take you on a fantastic emotional rollercoaster ride, leaving you breathless.

I find a lot of books via Twitter, so when this came across my feed, I thought I would give it a shot--the photo/post was really hot, which helped, and it was new adult, which is my thing. Having never read a Rock Star Romance before, this was new and exciting for me. I wasn't prepared for how addicted I would become...like five books in one weekend addicted. Yup. FIVE BOOKS! That is something new for me as well, and the hubs seriously had to fight for my attention that weekend, let me tell you!


While fighting the need for a cigarette (it's that steamy), I lived and breathed this series for one whole weekend, and I can honestly say that I have no regrets. Manny was so swoon worthy and his on again off again romance with Chrissie was so hot
and frustrating and angsty that I couldn't stop. I simply had to know what happened next. I lost count of how many times I shouted WTF, and just when I thought the two would finally get their happily ever after...BAMMM...it went another way. At times I was close to tears...let's just say that this series left a mark on my soul. I still think about it as one of the best series that I have ever encountered and I read A LOT!
This is an epic love story that follows Chrissie and Manny from new adulthood to middle age and it so deserves to be shared--thus the blog post, because you know, the whole point of loving a book is sharing it with everyone else :)
All are KINDLE UNLIMITED
Buy HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment