Monday, October 24, 2016

The Eagle vs the Crow

I was blessed to see a Bald Eagle this weekend. This is a rare occurrence and the Cree superstitious side of me welcomes the good juju. HOWEVER...

A few hours before the sighting, I had the misfortune of hitting and killing a crow...I was mortified. Especially since it became lodged in my grill and I had to stop at the nearest town and beg a SaskPower man (who is nameless, but I now love) to help me out. He did, thank GOD, because I don't know what I would have done if he didn't. I was literally hysterical and losing my shit.
I love birds. To me, there is nothing more majestic than a bird soaring up above. They are my favorite of all species, so this was devastating for me. Also, killing a crow is BAD JUJU, so I pray, I pray, I pray that the two balance each other out...If I had dressed in black and buried it, my luck would have remained intact, but there was no way that was happening, since I was in the middle of Nowhere-Saskatchewan. He did get placed in a field of tall grass, and I cried, so I like to think that is close to a burial...

Does black lingerie count? I just hope the bad juju gods understand...

Fly with the angels sweet crow. XX

Now I must focus on the good juju (I can't think about the poor dead crow and the potentially shitty luck coming my way).

When an Eagle appears to you it means that you are being put on notice. they are a symbol of strength and at the time that I saw him, I was feeling awful for killing a crow, so...
Eagle totems appear to inspire (push) you to reach higher and become more than you think you are capable of. They tell you to be courageous and really stretch your limits and see what you can do. They bring a sense of courage and a desire to explore and grow. To dream of a flying eagle or one who is perched high signifies good fortune or victory coming your way. If it scares you or attacks you it means there are some self-imposed limitations you need to push through.

The lesson of the eagle is to take a look from where it sees. You must have the courage to relinquish stale and comfortable habits and beliefs to soar into unknown realms and new realities - continually expanding your view. Now is the time to take full responsibility for your life and be prepared for instant destiny. As your spiritual awareness increases, the positive and negative ramifications will become more immediate and have greater force.
reference for above: http://www.pure-spirit.com/more-animal-symbolism/629-eagle-symbolism

No comments:

Post a Comment