Monday, July 4, 2016

What an Adventure!

I've been pondering this book since finishing it days ago and I feel like now I am ready to write this review. Vesta Mansion Trilogy – part one – The Power Inside had everything a fantasy should have and literally something for everyone. It's the kind of book that absorbed me with every detail and enough mystery to keep the many pages turning.

Alex Aylward is a regular guy, down on his luck, and not living a happy existence...he is barely existing. Then, out of the blue, he is introduced into a world where his life changes in every possible way. He is rich, has and acquires many daughters, newfound health, and special abilities. It's the average Joe's dream come true, but it comes at a hefty price and not without problems.

He discovers that he owns a mansion and decides to renovate it so that it is the perfect home for his daughters. But, the mansion is alive with a spirit he fondly calls House. The conversation (telepathically) between these two is often comical, but definitely interesting...

There is so much going on in this book, that it is difficult to pin it down. Lovers of witchcraft, demons, wolves, and pixies can find something in this book. The many characters make for an interesting read and the connections made by each character keep you guessing.

I loved being involved in every aspect of this story and it quickly became a read that I couldn't put down. I fell in love with Rho and the girls; I laughed, cried and had some WTF moments, but mostly I just enjoyed the journey.

This book is for all ages. There is a bit of violence, but it is definitely not graphic and there is no sex. Could easily be a YA read.

Of course I loved this book, so it is an easy rating of 5 STARS: The work and imagination invested in this book doesn't deserve any less.

It is available for purchase on Amazon or Kindle Unlimited to borrow for FREE and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment