Monday, February 8, 2016

My Weekend Binge Reads

It isn't often that I get a weekend off to do whatever, so this past weekend, I took the opportunity to do so...life revolved around me and the family was still loved and fed, but essentially I stayed in my jammies all weekend and read. I read FOUR books--honestly don't think I have ever binged like this before, but the books that I had in queue just happened to grab my attention. The first three are AWESOME INDIES and the last is one of my favorite traditional authors. ALL were incredible reads!

GO GET THEM!!!!

This book, snagged me from the first page. It is a well-written developing love story between two unlikely people, Rhees and Paul. What I loved most about this book was the incredible character development. Rivera builds personalities with integrity and skill and doesn't compromise their traits, at any point in the story line. The romance is hot without being trashy and there is a lot of humor built into the story line. Perhaps my favorite thing about this book is the amazing job done on dialogue--it's real and raw and sassy all at once--love it!
Wet is extremely well-written and organized. Until the very last page, I was left wanting more, wanting to see more of this blossoming relationship.
I love that Rhees is steadfast in her beliefs and doesn't just throw her virginity away. I have already uploaded the second book because I simply need to know how this plays out.


I am a sucker for a good short story. Sometimes I just want a quick fix and Priddey delivered and then some! A glass of wine and 5 hours later, I was finished and I have never read an entire anthology in one sitting but I simply couldn't put these down.
This collection of romantic suspense shorts is amazing and well-written. In short order, Priddey manages to clearly convey character and plot while holding your attention...I literally sat on the edge of my seat for some of these stories and I think I felt every possible emotion while reading them. Each story was unique and exciting...can't wait to read more from this author.



This was a fun read, but you really have to let loose all inhibition. I love the concept of the real life game and the humor. At points the humor was a bit rotten, but I don't mind, it suited the story in that it represented the characters that Bevan wanted to create...a real guy read--gritty and at times crass, but I loved it. I laughed and to me that is what I was looking for with this book--that and the fact that it is a really well-written, creative, and organized story/concept. I will definitely be reading on in this series.





I love this series. Such a fun well-written story. Give me the psychic romance suspense trifecta any day and I am in! Moving on to the next because I need to see how this plays out...I feel an addiction coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment