Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Unseen Face

As a person, all too familiar with the black claw of depression, I was impressed by Joannes Rhino's ability to appropriately convey the hellish impact mental illness can have on an individual and how it effects loved ones.

When I previewed this book, I was struck by the flawless writing and decided that I needed more. I was given a free pdf by the author, but decided to upload it to my tablet via Kindle Unlimited. I give credit where it is due and this author is amazing!

Joannes Rhino is a brilliant author who has created a believable and remarkable work of prose. This is a beautifully written book that effectively conveys the world of James Maddox, a person suffering from depression. His world is darkened by the loss of his Emily, and James is both grieving and stuck in a depressive grief process, but it's not that simple...the story develops into much more with unexpected twists that kept me guessing and turning the page.

This author clearly understands the complexity of mental illness, whether it is well-researched or from personal experience. His descriptive prose describes James' world in such a way that invokes emotion from the reader. I couldn't put this book down, and had a lump in my throat as I read it. This is truly one of the best indie literary masterpieces that I have read.

***** STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment