Saturday, September 19, 2015

Last night my bestie dragged me out into the world after not seeing each other in months. We do that--we live our busy lives and then connect like we just saw each other yesterday. I am an introvert, so it is rare that I feel the need to surround myself with anyone but those near and dear. A night out was just what the doctor ordered. We laughed, we drank, we laughed, we ate, we laughed until we cried...it was awesome, and I can't wait for our next night out.

Today, I feel refreshed and ready to take on the final edits of Floozies and Fallout. I have been procrastinating on this for two weeks--really procrastinating--here is a list of things I did to avoid this part of the process: complete home spring cleaning, rearrangement of furniture, garage sale (two weekends in a row), gardening, dusting, playing with my birds, veggin on the couch with my cuddle partner, and anything else I could find to prioritize ahead of final edits.

I don't know why I am avoiding this, but it seems like when I am about to finish a writing project, I become really anxious/nervous. I don't know why. I know my book isn't a piece of crap, but still...

So that's it for my blog post (yet another avenue for procrastination). I am not posting here until I finish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment