I came on here today, hellbent on ranting about the shitty (Sorry, I swear when I am mad) state of our society. But writing about it only serves to piss me off more. So, in light of the fact that it is Friday (hooray!), I move to send a positive note to the world and a special request...Challenge per-say...
1. Do something kind for someone you don't know: open a door, help someone with their groceries, throw down a compliment about a stranger's clothes, cut your neighbors lawn...you get the picture. Do it for someone else, not for yourself.
2. Sit back close your eyes and be thankful for living--that's right living--all of it: the good, the bad, the ugly, the almost unbearable. You're alive and you've made it this far. EMBRACE the air flowing through your lungs or the sun on your face. If it's raining, welcome the opportunity to open a book or take a much deserved soak in the tub (I'd probably nap).
3. Tell someone close to you how much you appreciate them. You won't believe the joy this can bring to someone. People need to feel appreciated. It sounds hard, but once you start the words just roll off your tongue.
4. Don't judge others for any reason. Nothing is shittier than feeling like someone is looking down on you. Be prepared to be judged--that's life--shake it off and move on. Who cares what ANYONE thinks.
5. Donate to a charity. ANY charity. RESEARCH is everything and many breakthroughs are close at hand. If you can't donate, VOLUNTEER. Volunteers are the heart of every charitable organization. It will also fulfill you in ways you couldn't imagine.
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY: take care of these two things:
OUR PLANET: recycle, reuse, pickup that bag someone tossed onto the ground at the park, don't litter, pollute, or hunt for sport--how much fun would it be to be on the receiving end of that game?
YOURSELF: Respect your body, eat healthy, exercise, meditate, give love, accept love, and fight for what is right!
That's all for today. I feel better already!
One Last Shot is LIVE! Grab this HOT second chance romance with a secret twist at Kindle, Kobo, Nook, iBooks, Smashwords, etc . Being ...
Three years ago today, I published my baby, Third Eye P.I. It's a twisted genre-crossing read (mystery, romance, paranormal) that wil...
The R.I.P Series , by Kris Johnston Gripping. Like from the first page. The story of Roz is told with skill, the characters have incredi...
Being an indie author is challenging and rewarding; you literally have to do everything, make your own path, so getting where you want to be...